Its not always sunshine and rainbows, but the sun will come out again

Life aint always easy

Life aint always easy

Monday, January 21, 2013

Looking at my life

 
 
With all of the crazy holiday cheer we reflect on life and what we did wrong and what we can change and we make a long list for the start of next year of everything we are going to change...We are going to work out more, we are going to make more money, we are going to eat healthier and blah blah blah. Who actually follows the list for longer then a month? Not I and I am so not making a list this year either..
This year was our first year with just the 4 of us and no guests coming over. I was sad we wouldn't be with our usual company but worried that my family would be bored and this would be considered the worst Christmas ever. I thought that maybe I should plan some fun things, well with me not feeling well all week and stressing over shopping I failed at that one, so we just hung out. We held down the couches, took much needed naps, played a few games and watched dumb movies. To me, it was perfect. 
It never fails someone gets sick and this year it was Ayva. She fell hard too, spending most of the day on the couch.  Me being the amazing momma that I am decided to sit right next to her all day. :) While I sat there I looked around the room and saw Graci glued to her new IPOD and Andy sound asleep scrunched on the smallest couch ever. PERFECT. It was so quiet in my house and all I could do was think about how amazing my life is.
I complain and whine allot, I have daily temper tantrums and many times wish I had more then I have. I find myself sometimes wondering what our life would be like if we would have waited to have kids and you know, paid off college first and worked a few years in our fields we worked so hard to get into, then moments like yesterday hit me and I realize, I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world.
We did life ass backwards yes I know. We struggle monthly to pay bills, I shop for grocery's at Walmart (yup and I am proud of it), my girls don't have all designer clothes on neither do mom and dad. But, the bills get paid, we never go without, we eat dinner every night as a family and we do things together..  We may not be able to have the weekly date night that I hear about from other moms but we watch pointless TV together every night, and that's my favorite time of the day. My favorite saying EVER is " We may not have it all but together we have it all". what a great saying..
All in all here is my lesson learned.
Yup, I just babbled on about what to you might seem pointless and that is fine. I guess my whole point here is this, life is hard for everyone. We all struggle in some way but none of us are better then the other. Some of us may go out allot and even have kids, so what. Some people don't work out as much as the other, again so what. We are all people and we are all here just trying to make it in life. I know in the beginning of this I said I was not going to make a New Years list but as I finish this I have changed my mind. Here is my list.
1. To be a better person
2. To eat a little better and work out a little more
3. To go out and party more with my friends, well after baby of course
4. To live life to the fullest
 
Yup there is a list and I am going to try and follow it but you know what, if I slack a bit oh well. I am a happy girl and have everything I need. Life is good and I hope in the new year life is good for you all too.  XOXO
 

0 comments