Its not always sunshine and rainbows, but the sun will come out again

Life aint always easy

Life aint always easy

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How do you mommys do it?

Well I will admit it, I suck at this blogging thing..Lets just face it, I haven't followed through with to many things in the last few years of my life. I blame it on being a mom and a wife and trying to be a rock to everyone else. I am a bit lazy, okay lets not lie here I am super lazy, i am always tired and where I have the desire to become a fit and healthy person I just don't have the energy.  Lets be real people, it takes hard work and allot of energy to be physically fit. So how do woman do it? How do they balance being a mom, a wife and everything els all while working out and keeping a killer body?? How do you get everything els done?? 
So what is a woman to do here..??  Maybe I set to many goals at once, or just maybe I expect way to much of myself making these goals unreachable.  So I may just be able to solve my own problem here and not force so much on myself at once. Does my house really need to be cleaned daily? Yes but maybe just a once over not a deep clean.  Can the dishes wait until tomorrow? God yes, it wont kill anyone. So there, I cleared some room on my schedule now I can sleep and work out more..Ha, ha ha.  This makes me giggle because I know what I will do, I will nap or I will clean or I will find something els to do other then work out.  UGH. Such a rut..Okay moms, how do you do it?????????

4 comments

Sweet and Savory by Sarah said...

You know how I do it...I pretty much give up everything else socially. I don't drink but once every few months. I keep a schedule. I keep a long distance goal and I focus basically on just that until I reach it. I still clean, still nap when I need to, eat healthy and you wont be so tired either...same goes with water. My running and biking is my ME time. That's where the change has to come. It's all how much you are willing to give up to get what you want.

Tif said...

I am not willing to not have a social life. I need my friends in my life not just for me but for my marriage as well. If Andy and I didnt go out I am not sure what I would do.. I could never see me giving up any of my social life. How do you do that? Doesnt it get lonely?

Sweet and Savory by Sarah said...

I have friends in my life, and family. I just end up doing things differently. I don't stay up late, I don't drink. The friends I've been around lately are new friends that are runners as well so they know how I feel. A lot of the reason I don't drink is because I never was a big fan of it before other than the occasional beer etc. If I were to be drinking now, it would screw up my schedule. I can't run or bike after drinking. It just kills me for an entire day.

Am I lonely? No. I feel like I'm living my life how I want it to be. I get out to run for up to 2 hours at a time. Last week we actually went out for a beer after a track work out and I had a great time. I'm so busy with the girls park and rec stuff, soccer and work that I don't really get lonely. I talk to moms every day and am out of the house at least half of the time I'm awake. You don't have to give up your social life, it's more so giving up the unhealthy habits that the social life you currently live involves or changing what your social life is. No one said you had to stay home all the time :) I certainly don't.

Tif said...

Pretty easy to write a snotty comment and not use your name..